background

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Labor & Delivery 2009

This time 3 years ago I was waiting…and waiting…and waiting for the little baby inside my belly to come out already!!

Today 3 years ago I was 37 weeks pregnant…it was the Friday before spring break, I went to work feeling “eh”…and thought I was kinda peeing myself a little, so I had a nice giant surfboard sized pad on (so sexy…I know!) Stayed at work all day…even stayed late after the bell (for once in my career haha)…prepping sub plans IN CASE I went into labor over break. Mom said I was “daft” and needed to go into Kaiser just to check my “peeing problem”…well low and behold I wasn’t peeing (Thank God!)…it was amniotic fluid…I had a slow rupture so my water had been broken all day! oops.  I was so annoyed…I was now admitted into the hospital…didn’t get to “labor” at home and have that time to sit in the bath…crawl on a ball…”bond with my husband” (you know like on all the movies and shows!)…I was stuck there at Kaiser…and WITHOUT eating dinner. (**Note to anyone pregnant…always eat before going to the doctor…you never know when your next meal with be!!)
IMG_4415IMG_4417

I labored…and labored…and labored.

IMG_4427IMG_4428

Only getting to eat that damn ice….grrrr

IMG_4420

But after 30 hours…and only getting to an 8cm…doctors decided the a c-section was the best route for us.

IMG_4445

IMG_4461IMG_4462

…and on April 4th at 10:25pm Owen Paul Souza was born. 7lbs 11oz 201/2 inches

DSC_0453

I love him so much…and can’t wait to spend the day with him tomorrow!

PS. Charlie Harry Paul…please get out of your mother’s belly tomorrow and share your birthday with Owen!!! heehee.

1 comment:

  1. Cannot believe it has gone by so fast. He is getting so big and growing so fast! God Bless you and yoru family! K & George <3

    ReplyDelete