Its crazy how in California in JANUARY we usually have really warm weather for Martin Luther King Jr. And usually we’re at the beach.
And I obviously like being at the beach in January…pregnant or not for MLK weekend!
This year was a little different..we planned a camping trip with a large group of peeps that work with us!! Best way for educators to spend a 3 day weekend…together with our families! Wish we were able to be camping at the beach…it was warm enough to be there BUT getting camping sites at beaches is freaking impossible! So… Temecula did the job!
We ventured out to Lake Skinner with our newly formed “ERHS Trailer Crew”…5 of the 9 families in the picture above all recently (within the past 12 months) bought a new trailer. I blame Blake…he talked my hubs, Shires, Neimeyer AND Barile all into buying new trailers/RVs. Damn him!! haha No I should actually thank him. I’m very happy with our purchase…its been great creating memories in Sally!
January camping means chilly mornings. BUT once that cloud coverage burned off mid-morning it would get toasty for a few hours and then cool way off once the sun went down. We got a good mix of all weather.
Thankfully we had nice weather and no wind means eating meals outside! I’m such a fake camper…I HATE eating meals outside if the weather is even a bit off. Wind, hell no. Hot, nope. Cold, see ya! haha So lunches are usually ate inside…which can be messy BUT I don’t mind.
Owen was so excited. Kris brought fishing stuff and Owen LOVES to fish. So they went out and had fun. No fish were caught but thats ok.
Our group was so large we had 2 firepits at night.
One of the best parts about camping…it WIPES the kids OUT! Ella feel asleep sitting at the kitchen table while watching a movie. Poor girl was DONE!
Once the kids were in bed the Big Kids…I mean dad’s played to a game of “nerf roulette” Shooting each other in the face with a nerf gun! They are crazy!
Maggie was still battling a cough for this camping trip so I had her bundled up as much as I could.
But mornings in the trailer were fun for catching those smiles. She is such an amazingly happy baby!
I thought it would be a great idea to try and get a picture of all the kids on this twirly slide. We’d stop a few of the kids so we’d be able to see them on the turns! haha OMG it was so funny and SUCH A total fail!
The best part was probably watching Erin and Deanna struggle to get these kids on this slide! I sat back and laughed and kept snapping pictures. So we changed plans to the smaller slide…and still didn’t get the best picture BUT it did the job!
While the women had the little kids at the park, the big kids (dads) were at the trailers playing a game of “peekachoo”. Basically it was washers with the face slapping for the losers. And this was played all evening.
Ella’s favorite camping activity is to play with all the Gerke’s toys…kinect sand, playdoh, batman toys, etc.
Ella had a runny nose for this trip (shocker)…and I was in the trailer feeding maggie a lot…which led our friends to help us out. Miles came in with Ella…her face was an absolute MESS. Boogers and dirt from forehead to chin. It was disgusting. Most people would have drop her and left…leaving the mom for the clean-up. But our dear friend Miles cleaned her up for me. He’s an amazing guy and cares for kids…pretty damn cool!
Our dinner buffets were pretty damn good!! The big dudes smoked the meats and the rest of us brought the sides. It was yummy!
I hate when the sun goes down when camping…it gets so dark and I swear the kids go nuts! Usually we shower them and put them into someone’s trailer for movie time. But this particular evening the kids were running around playing hide-and-seek. Long story short…Owen’s forehead collided with Howie’s upper lip! Both lost…it scared me. And the cutest thing..they were both so worried about the other. Howie wanted to make sure Owen was ok and Owen was worried that Howie’s teeth going to fall out.
So that accident prompted movie night in Shires mansion rv.
And the big kids continued their game of peekachoo!
The next morning Owen was wrestling around with some of the boys in the grass field and hit himself in the mouth with a nerf gun…knocking out the 4th top tooth! (Which I was happy about because that little tooth was ugly and needed to go anyway!) This picture you can’t see the knot on his forehead but you can see the bruising start. He ALwAYS has it rough camping.
But it was a fun 3 nights. Getting to hang with people you see at work in real life is always a good time!
Hoping that we can make this a new tradition…meet up camping regardless of what school we are teaching at.
No comments:
Post a Comment