With Owen being a “baseball player” now we try and get him in the front yard to throw around the ball or try hitting wiffle balls every once in a while. His opening day for spring little league is in March…so we gotta get back on the skills! Santa brought Owen a new mitt AND included an adorable one for sister too!
Watching her try and catch the ball while staring at her pretty pink mitt was nothing short of ADORABLE! She was trying to hard to keep her tiny little hand in the mitt BUT of course it just fell off over and over again. And Owen was being such a good big brother…he was scared to throw it at her in fear of it hurting her. Watching her made me a very proud mama!!! I didn’t start playing tball until I was 4 years old…but she’s already half way there! Never too soon to start introducing her to the way of life! haha Just kidding. I won’t be that crazy parent that makes my kid play a sport just because I played over half my life. Now IF she decides that softball is for her…I’ll support her decision!
Owen wants to play real catch and he is intrigued that I have my own mitt (Owen’s gift to daddy was a mitt…he says he’s owned one in his life but he “lost it”). So we pulled down my batbag which I haven’t touched since I was in high school. I was a little scared to see what I’d find in there BUT it was nothing but memories.
Owen couldn’t believe I had my OWN bat, TWO helmets (mind blown), TWO pairs of cleats, a mitt, knee sliders AND batting gloves! He had me explain what EVERY single thing was for! And tried it all on himself as well. I think the nasty shrunken batting gloves were his favorite. I tried putting them on and felt like OJ Simpson squeezing on “the black glove”. They were hard with years of sweat and dirt. Yuck right. But I have to admit…I was proud of all this stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment