background

Friday, April 4, 2014

My Boy is FIVE

The five year mark is a freaking HUGE milestone…like they are no longer a baby, no longer a toddler…they are officially a big boy….a CHILD! Its so crazy.

edited pic 2

I thought today was going to be very emotional…at one point in my life I used to pray I would get to this point in my life…to see him become a little man!  And its great to say we are there…and oddly enough I wasn’t too emotional about it! Now I pray we see all the next big milestones…kindergarten, t-ball, high school, college, marriage, children…(I’m getting a bit ahead of myself huh?!?)
I can’t get enough of him. I took him out, just me and him to take some photos…documenting this FIFTH birthday! Its so crazy to say he’s five…it seems SO much older than 4…he’s not great at posing…so I just let him walk around (after the “open your shirt and show me your chest pic”)…I still need lots of practice with my camera…don’t hate me for being horrible even after your help drewb! ;)

IMG_9114IMG_9125IMG_9128IMG_9130

IMG_9145IMG_9148 IMG_9155IMG_9159 IMG_9166IMG_9168 IMG_9176IMG_9196 IMG_9206IMG_9208 IMG_9233IMG_9234

I love him and want to remember every feature about him. His random freckles, dirty blonde wavy hair, GREEN eyes (yes they used to be blue!), his poor little gray tooth…(think I’ll be happy to see that one go in the coming months/years), his tiny little hands, his sensitivity, compassion, empathy for others, his love for boy stuff but his equal love for girl stuff too! I love hearing him talk about starting school, I love when he gives me sass/attitude…I know thats weird but he was such a rule follower that sometimes I like to see him be a rebel (means he’s normal says Bernie!) He’s developing friendships that I don’t have much control over…he’s becoming an individual….its great!

We all know that kids change so much…this is him on his birthday over the years…

4th birthday…
IMG_3314-edit

3rd birthday…
Birthday Picture

2nd birthday…

DSC_0127

1st Birthday…
OwenColor3

His BIRTH day!
CSC_0450

 

Darn you pinterest for the brilliant idea of the text on the pics…why couldn’t pinterest have been around for his first few birthdays?!?! haha. Thats ok.  

So he’s five…I have heard a few times today that this is a GREAT year. I’m excited but so darn nervous for this year….(I might need to be medicated for anxiety for this whole “first day of school” stuff…oh geeezus!)  I can’t wait to explain to him what he means to me…when he’s an adult. Until then…I’ll love him…and keep documenting memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment