If you are a camper you know that booking reservations is usually done 6 months in advance (if you are going to a state park…private parks you can usually book in less time but for more money). When I heard Caoimhe’s dates of her vacation I knew we had a camping trip planned. I’ll be honest…I was a little nervous. I was hoping that her experience would be good…and her sleeping location (cushioned kitchen table) would be comfortable, the food would be ok, etc.
Again Caoimhe proved to me that she is the easiest visitor ever. Actually…it was GREAT to have her extra hands there.
Silver Strand State Beach is in Coronado (past San Diego) and the sites are about 20ft from the sand. Its parking lot camping and pretty tight spots BUT we like it. Can’t hate camping at the beach no matter where you are!
Couldn’t keep the kids out of Caoimhe’s bed…luckily she didn’t mind the morning cuddles!
My little eater!
I had Caoimhe on a strict sunscreen routine. I did NOT want her getting burned the first week she was with me. But we were trying to get that white girl a tan too! Daddy also thought of this brilliant idea of washing the kids…without the mess of sand inside the trailer. We made an “outdoor bath”. Ella loved it! And yes it was warm water!
I was on Baby Duty and Caoimhe went out to the water at sunset.
Instead of cooking dinner one of the nights we headed into town and found us a Mexican joint (from yelp). It was prety good and came across this yummy ice cream shop too!!
And during the nights…we put kids to bed (or would try too…Maggie gave us a run one night and Owen LOVED being the last kid up at night…so he fought to stay up even when he was exhausted) and would have a few drinks and laughs around the campfire. It was good times.
I hope Caoimhe enjoyed her camping experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment