background

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!!

IMG_3110

Me and my little lady were matching….yes I’ve been waiting a long time to do that!! teeheehee. And funny thing is…those dresses were bought at totally different times, different places, heck different countries!! But it worked for the occasion!  
IMG_0360

 

Holidays around here can somewhat be like Ground Hog’s Day. Same place, same people, same food. So this year it was so nice to kinda “spice” things up!! My sis-in-law (SIL) and bro-in-law (BIL) hosted Thanksgiving in their new home! They moved back to Cali from upstate NY this summer…...

IMG_0363 IMG_3118
IMG_3113 IMG_3116

It was a BEAUTIFUL day…we could have actually gone swimming BUT we stayed inside. Men watched football. Kids played games and colored…it was SO relaxing.
IMG_3111 IMG_3112 

IMG_3122 IMG_3121

Ella LOVES her cousin Bae.  She calls Bailey “Bae”…I love it.  And I think he secretly does as well. ;)  She climbs up into his lap no hesitation. I love it.

IMG_3125 IMG_3126
IMG_3127 IMG_3128 

Our Ground Hogs Day cycle has been broken but I know my SIL is having to adjust too. They usually spend turkey day in their jammies just them 4 at home.  NOW she hosted the herd of us…and she did SUCH a great job!! Thanks for having us Missy & Chris!
 IMG_3138 IMG_3130

Before we sat down for dinner I forced everyone outside for a family pic! They will thank me later! lol

 IMG_3136 IMG_3137

The food was delish!! The usual spread BUT some New Yorker add-ons!! Having enough people for 2 tables doesn’t happen often around here!! But I have to say…I liked it…a lot!!

IMG_0364 IMG_0366

Dinner was followed up with MORE coloring. And Ella was making this “concentration face”…I was cracking up!!

IMG_0369 IMG_0370

We all ate until we couldn’t sit comfortably.  I hate being that miserable BUT you KNOW I’ll still dip in for some dessert! FatAssProbs.  And of course more SOBER jenga…OH how times have changed! Playing Jenga without an alcoholic beverages in hand! hahaha  This girl couldn’t get her drank on…shopping had to be done that night!!! Yeah!
But  I sat back and watched my kids play with their cousins…its SO nice to have family around for the holidays! I know Owen and Ella are a lot younger than their cousins BUT either way I pray that they are able to have a good relationship with them.  I love family…and am not used to having them around but I sure do LOVE it!!  I’m so THANKFUL they made the decision to move home. We love having them here.

IMG_0375 IMG_0381
IMG_0385 IMG_3147

The night ended with Ella rockin’ out on Rock Band while my SIL, niece and myself browsed the Black Friday ad’s and created our plan of attack for later that night. 

IMG_0386

And our tradition continues…me, mom, Taryn and Gaga braved the craziness of Black Friday (on Thursday night). Toys R Us, Kohls, Old Navy, JcPenny’s from 10pm-3am. 
AND no LINES! It was awesome!!

IMG_0389

No comments:

Post a Comment