background

Monday, July 2, 2012

Healing = Cabin Fever

Life post-taking Owen’s dodo away has been interesting…actually I’m regretting taking it away! haha Only for selfish reasons of course….since taking it away my child has forgotten how to SLEEP! Wait that’s a lie…he sleeps but it takes MUCH more effort on our part to get him to sleep! His pacifier would just sooth him straight to sleep…we’d rock him for about 2 minutes, lay him in his bed and walk out…BAM be done with him until 12 hours later when he’d wake up and call for me while waiting in his bed. NOW since he seems to have trouble falling asleep he has developed this new found fear of monsters. I feel bad for him…but COME ON CHILD…close your eyes and sleep.  And since the summer has started my little man had been sleeping in until anywhere from 7:30-8:45am.  Yeah…that’s NOT happening anymore. The other morning he was up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6am!  Oh JESUS…that was a long day!  I’m kicking myself now…we SHOULD have taken the dodo the week before going back to work…that way early wake up calls wouldn’t bother me…we’d be up early anyway. BUT oh well…you live and learn.  And I’m proud to say the Souza house is STILL pacifier free!

I feel like our summer has had a very slow start (minus the whole Caribbean cruise part)…since the toe surgery, my recovery has been moving along nice and SLOW. Since I can’t submerge my toe into water that limits places to go during these HOT summer months and I can’t walk either…so yeah…that pretty much means we stay home. Now don’t get me wrong, Owen LOVES to stay home, he actually told me today that he doesn’t like leaving the house….seriously child?!? I’m getting cabin fever!!

But Wally has been looking good…healing is happening…thank heavens!
IMG_1059  IMG_1074IMG_1084   IMG_1107

While this toe was healing…we were home…hangin’ out doing nothing (just the way Owen likes it!) 
IMG_1096IMG_1098
(I LOVE his nakey little buns!!!!  And you like my son’s pajamas, stripped socks and shoes…yes he picked it and his father actually took him to Home Depot like that one morning while I was showering…how embarrassing!!)
IMG_1102IMG_1106IMG_1110

But the cabin fever feeling has gotten to me…so we have went to the beach a few times the past few days…and oh man it feels GOOD!

IMG_1086IMG_1092

IMG_7424

IMG_7428

And Daddy gave Owen some boogie boarding lessons….maybe we have a future surfing partner for daddy!

IMG_7438IMG_7440IMG_7442IMG_7443IMG_7444

Since the toe is just scabbed life has began again…I’m back to Zumba, back to trying to be as productive and active as the summer will allow us!  We are headed to the river this week for our first trip of the summer…whooohoooo!!!  Hope you all are enjoying your summer so far!

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog while googling "warts on toes" lol I have a similar looking alien thing on the toe next to my big toe - I have an appointment on Friday to get it checked out but I'm worried I'll end up in your shoes too!! Did the doctors say that once it's all healed it'll look normal (less any scaring) or will you have any nerve damage etc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashely. Sad that my blog has come to "warts info" but man the whole process really sucked! Not sure if you saw the posts about the beetle juice procedure as well..I had it ALL done with surgery being the last resort. Its all very painful, I won't lie to you...and actually just very inconvenient for us! BUT with that said I'm praying its gone for good this time!! Doctor didn't say anything about nerve damage...but I will probably have a nice scar on the bottom of my toe (which I don't mind). I hope your appt goes well!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete