background

Friday, August 2, 2013

Our Last Summer River Trip…late post.

We had 3 great river trips this summer…doesn’t seem like enough BUT at the same time man oh man are river trips different when you have TWO kids…one being under 6 months old!! 3 times there seems plenty!
The days of seriously just floating on a raft with a malibu bay breeze cocktail in hand are so gone its depressing! This summer I would  come home from the river whiter than when I got there. Sitting on the boat or in the shade 90% of the time is different! I like to bake in the sun…I know I know…I’m not suppose to…especially when like in this picture, I’m getting “suspicious” spots removed every year…
IMG_5218
This pic was back in June (Ella’s first river trip) and you can see 2 of my 5 spots removed…totaling with 8 stitches and such a pain in my a$$! (All came back benign thank God)

We had a great last trip with our Irish peeps…found a perfect beach in our usual cove! It was just us no neighboring boats… It was nice (until Saturday when a man thought he could drop anchor ON our buoys).
And Ella did seem to lighten up and KINDA like the water…sorta.

IMG_6157IMG_6230
IMG_6224IMG_6226
IMG_6227IMG_6233

Here are a few of my fav pics from our last trip with our Irish Pals…

IMG_6161IMG_6171IMG_6178IMG_6182IMG_6179IMG_6185IMG_6189IMG_6192IMG_6200IMG_6201
IMG_6835IMG_6838
IMG_6868

Our adorable Love Birds…look how she’s resting her hand on his thigh…heehee

IMG_6215IMG_6220

And some of these are to show the pure chaos that goes on…SOOO many kids and our 32ft boat seems like a kayak!

IMG_6235IMG_6871
IMG_6207IMG_6208IMG_6839IMG_6211
Loading up for the weekend is such a PAIN in the A$$. All the kids, coolers, toys, bags, etc. its nuts!
And what MADE Owen’s weekend…Travis caught a bass while waiting on the doc…and he let Owen reel him in. I was trying my darnest to get video of him…he was SOOO excited and kept yelling “I got him…I REALLY got him!!!”

IMG_6267IMG_6268IMG_6269IMG_6297

AND folks the ladies got a few hours in the casino this trip! Yes…doesn't happen often…BUT we made it happen this time!
IMG_6852
IMG_6850IMG_6880
IMG_6856IMG_6859
We had a few drinks…gambled a few dollars…and I danced a few of my awesome “moves” in front of everyone like an idiot, and won a few dollars in the bet!! haha I’ve got moves like Jager baby!! 
All was great until my little Ella woke up looking for mommy full of smiles at 11pm…I got this text from Yosh…
IMG_6891

 

And I knew it was GAME OVER for Erin! Luckily she was a happy girl when I got back to the room. Just needed some Mama Cuddles and went straight back to bed!

Our girl time might have been brief…but it was nice all the same. And YOU KNOW our husbands did round two and went over after the Mommies got back to the rooms! Crazy Daddies!

 

 

 

But I have to say we caught a pic of all the kids this trip…AND it was easy! We figured out the key to success…take it ON the boat (so they can’t get away) and BEFORE going to the beach (bribery works GREAT!) Love all these kiddos!

IMG_6885
Owen, Ella, Ryland, Payton, Carter, Brynn, Caroline, Wyatt, Jaxon

Fingers crossed we can get ONE MORE trip in sometime in late August or September!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment