background

Monday, November 21, 2016

The Beast the Ballerina.

IMG_5331
So the time has come…The Beast has asked me to do dance class. I had majorly conflicted feelings about this. I have never taken a dance class in my life. I wasn’t that type of little girl. I played t-ball since age 4 and didn’t stop little league until I was 18 years old. That consumed pretty much my life. I DID do TaeKwonDo for 4 years during my early teens (until I broke my arm breaking boards…then called it quits!)  So I was excited for her…but scared that I would be a failure as a dance mom! lol
IMG_5295IMG_5297
It started out great! I got her a new leotard. Nana got her her ballet shoes and tights. And our neighbor was getting rid of tap shoes (perfect freaking timing). Her class is from 2-3 year olds…and boy was it NUTS! Some kids aren’t used to leaving their parents side…and it was kiiinnnnndddaaaaa noticeable. My girl wasn’t a bit shy. She was very comfortable and LOVED every minute of it!!! I was so impressed by her confidence!!
IMG_1138IMG_1150
IMG_1154
IMG_1159IMG_1161
IMG_1162IMG_1163
IMG_1168IMG_1169IMG_1172
Half way through class they switch shoes and get their tap on…its the cutest thing ever!!
IMG_1178
IMG_1182IMG_5317
So after her first class she was pumped!!! I was proud of my little lady!!
IMG_5326
Class 2 she was JUST as happy!!!
IMG_5589
Class 3…Mama figured out that ballet bun (HELL YES!!)…and parents were kicked out of the room….kids work better when parents aren’t too close. I totally agree with that!!
IMG_5924
IMG_5930
Class 4…Daddy had dance duty while Mama was in Hawaii. From what I was told by all it went well!!
Then came Class 5….and I don’t know what the hell happened! Ella put on her tights and then all of a sudden…out of nowhere she didn’t want to wear her tights, she didn’t want to go to dance, the class took too long, the songs were for babies and she was screaming and crying.
I was stumped…it was a parenting moment that I didn’t know how to handle. Do I MAKE her go…to teach her when we make a commit to something we finish it?!? Or do I let her stay home and relax because she was SOOOO upset?!?
Well..after 30 minutes of going crazy she won. I decided it wasn’t worth it…if she didn’t want to do it I wasnt going to make her! 
I swear this little lady is teaching me the meaning of patience.
Now 4 days later and she told me today that she wants to go back to dance now. ……hmmmmm well okay! Maybe she was just having a moment?!?
So…stay tuned to see if she goes back to dance after Thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment