background

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve

When its warm during Christmas time I have a hard time getting into the holiday spirit.  I know we live in Southern California so we are blessed/cursed with amazing weather BUT sometimes it would be nice to wear our sweaters and boots and scarves without sweating our booties off. I feel like when I was a kid Christmas time was always chilly…but as an adult its warmer (damn you global warming haha)

We skipped our traditional Disneyland trip this year…neither Yosh or I had the energy to brave the crowds OR our 2 wild children! haha

Since this was the first year that Yosh’s sister and family were back in Cali they wanted to host a small gathering for games and snacks on x-mas eve. Sounded right up our alley! 
But first I had to pay a visit to my brother.

IMG_0990

All I can say is that the holidays are hard.  When you have a hole in your heart, a hole in your family, this time of year reminds you of just HOW much they are missed and how big that hole really is.   Almost 15 years later you’d think it would be different…well I can say 13 years ago I wished for it to be 15 years later and our hurt would be less…I was wrong. Its still there, still the same. Today I went alone…it was peaceful and I needed that.

Then after nap we gathered at my sis-in-laws house for family fun.  It pays to have a 14 year old around…she was hell bent on getting the family to play card games. NO ONE had the motivation to do it though. She brought out the games and started asking where we should play.  No ONE was budging.  BUT I’m happy she got the game going. I, of course, didn’t get to sit long enough to play ((Ella had other plans for her mama)) but Owen had SO much fun!

IMG_0995
IMG_0997 IMG_0999  IMG_1007

Thankfully with the help of Aunt Missy, Owen was able to really play Apples to Apples.  I loved hearing him BURST out laughing!!

And this girl…she had her stand-off with TJ the dog. 
IMG_1004

And then found a TV upstairs to watch some of her quality cartoons! Whatever kept her quiet for a few minutes suited me JUST fine!! haha

IMG_1011

 

After the family fun we prepped for Santa. Left out some cookies, milk, a candy cane and carrots for his reindeer. And of course the note he left Santa too!!

IMG_3452

Ella wasn’t liking the idea of leaving stuff out…she wanted some for herself. It was pretty funny.

IMG_3401 IMG_3409
IMG_3424 IMG_3429
IMG_3431 IMG_3445

 

Good night my littles…time for Santa to get his act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment