background

Monday, February 10, 2014

Celebrating Ella’s First Year

Being born around super bowl time puts a wrinkle into party planning! haha Maybe when Ella is OLD she’ll enjoy having a birthday close to Super Bowl Party weekend…wait…nah she probably will never like it.
 
Ella’s born on Jan. 30th…but since Super Bowl was that weekend we pushed her party back to the weekend after that.  It feels like she turned 1 ages ago…haha We planned for her little party for Sat Feb. 8th…but since the flu hit both kids this weekend I pushed the party to Sunday and prayed they’d be better. THANKFULLY both kids felt good and the party was a go.

IMG_2352 

IMG_2414 IMG_2415 IMG_8596IMG_8590IMG_8593 IMG_8595IMG_8600 IMG_8604IMG_8605

Everything was running smoothly…got the cake, balloons, ice…seemed too easy. Then I sent the hubs to get the food. He freaked that we didn’t have enough. So he picked up LOTS…just in case! We had Miguel Jr. burritos, taquitos, Little Caesars pizza, chicken nuggets, chips, dips, veggies, etc. To say the least we had PLENTY of food…and now we have dinners for the week (leftovers!) haha

Ella loved spending the day with family…

IMG_8613IMG_8696IMG_8688IMG_8649

But she REALLY REALLY loved the bouncer…like all the other kids! Bouncers are always a good time. Thanks to our friends at Bounce It Up…changing the date wasn’t a problem. They are the best quality, clean bouncers…we love them! Call them for great service!

IMG_8620IMG_8626  IMG_8632IMG_8638IMG_8691IMG_8713IMG_8709IMG_8692IMG_8690

I think everyone seemed to stay outside because they were scared to get some of the lingering flu germs in my house! haha Just Kidding.
You know…when you change the date for a party because of the flu you are bound to lose a few from the guest list. But thats ok, we totally understand and we missed those unable to come but are so thankful for the friends that came out to celebrate our little girl!

IMG_8630IMG_8633 IMG_8636 IMG_8639 IMG_8689IMG_8693IMG_8642IMG_8717 IMG_8718IMG_8721 IMG_8723IMG_8724

Ella is SUCH a flirt!! Whenever we go out in public she starts…and yesterday she fell in love with her Uncle Sean! It was kinda cute how mesmerized she was with him!. IMG_8733IMG_8732

Then it was cake time…

IMG_8653


 IMG_8660 IMG_8665 IMG_8671IMG_8673 IMG_8679IMG_8681  

It wasn’t the singing (like it was for Owen on his first birthday), it wasn’t the cake…is was the darn cute balloons tied to her highchair. She was scared of them for some reason. I should have got rid of them for cake time BUT yeah…I didn’t. And it resulted in tears and no interest in the cake.

IMG_8678 IMG_8681

I wasn’t shocked….I think it runs in the family!

DSC_0110 OwenColor93

They both don’t seem to like my awesome giant cupcake cakes I make them! haha

Presents were done after everyone left. This lil girl partied through her nap so we need her to get some sleep before melt down mode hit! Owen was thrilled to help her open them all up! It was funny. I swear he thought everything was for him too. lol
IMG_8745IMG_8747 IMG_8750IMG_8751

Our babies at their first birthdays…love looking back!!  These memories make me so sad, yet so happy at the same time. Weirdest emotions.  Gosh we had a HUGE first birthday party for Owen…TOTALLY not the case for Ella. We still have sooo many of the same friends…but its so hard to have huge parties…its pure craziness. My anxiety just doesn’t allow for it anymore. haha

IMG_8667
DSC_0097

 IMG_8673  
DSC_0111

IMG_8636 OwenColor3

Thank you Lord for these kids…HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLA BEANIE

No comments:

Post a Comment