background

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another New Years Eve

I just read my blog post from last New Years….that was a damn good post. haha Blast From The Past…reading about all our New Years together was fun…and made me realize that we continued our “boring life” this year. But I’m TOTALLY ok with it…life is tough when you stay up past midnight!!

We have been BLESSED with amazing weather the past 2 weeks. Like seriously gorgeous, get your shorts and tanks out gorgeous! Our friends with trailers were going camping down at San Clemente State Park and invited us to camp too. Yeah…we are NOT campers so we graciously declined the invite BUT went down to spend the day with friends!

Headed down after lunch and got there still with plenty of time to play in the sand, run through the freezing water and soak up the sun! It was toasty sitting there on the beach…and I was utterly shocked with I looked up and Owen was already in the water, 2 minutes after getting settled…this summer changed that boy when it comes to water!!

 

IMG_8342 IMG_8343 IMG_8355 IMG_1199IMG_8360 IMG_8361 IMG_8366 IMG_8376  IMG_1202 IMG_1206photo1 

Ella did great…I was unsure about how she’d love or hate the sand…she wasn’t a fan. Which worked in my favor keeping her on the blanket! She played with sand toys, minus the sand, watched her brother play with his friends and had a great time!

Up at the camp site it was great…we were able to hang out with the babies in the Gerke trailer (Thanks Taryn and Kris!)…have a bit of fun (and keep warm) by the fire…
IMG_1210IMG_1212 IMG_1219IMG_1220

And then head home before all the crazy drunks got on the road.

 IMG_1223
We were home and in bed by 10pm. Well me and the kids anyway…Daddy stayed up to ring in the new year doing what he loves (playing video games with his bff! haha). Staying up late isn’t enjoyable when you have miniature alarm clocks that need you!

We had a WOnDErFUL 2013 (I’m gonna do my picture recap later!).  Some unexpected turns for the better happened (my parents haven’t moved to Ireland just yet!) they are enjoying their retired lives while still trying to get their home built in Ireland…we welcomed our little lady (omg almost a year ago now…her b-day is creeping up on me! agghhh)…remained happy and healthy!  2014 will be another great year, Ireland Trip, Owen starts Kindergarten (omg), Ella turns 1, and much more…I can just feel it!

IMG_1227

No comments:

Post a Comment