background

Monday, June 24, 2013

Father’s Day

IMG_5225IMG_5227IMG_5228

Trying to get a good picture of these three is like trying to get a rock to bleed…man its tough. So instead of trying to pick ONE good one for the blog…I’ll just post a few of what I was having to deal with! Ella laughing at Owen because Daddy is tickling Owen to get him to smile right…little ones NOT looking at the camera…OHHH well. They are cute no matter what! haha

Fathers day was a long day for the Souza’s. We left the river around 9am while Daddy was still “feeling it” from the night before (the daddies always get to go out and have fun at night while the mommies are in the hotel rooms with sleeping babies!).  
IMG_5641

My parents were heading to Vegas for a mini vacation the next day so we stopped by there to hang out for a bit.  While at the river Owen was very content to have his lifejacket on the whole time. All the other kids were pretty confident in their swimming skills, and Ryland was in the middle of swim lessons and was instructed to NOT allow him to wear any floatation devices. Basically all the other kids were swimming…and Owen wasn’t. Well we got to Nana and Grandad’s house and that all changed…he was a swimming daredevil. It was crazy!

IMG_5255IMG_5258IMG_5260IMG_5261IMG_5281IMG_5286IMG_5304IMG_5309

A little video of Owen in action

 

IMG_5264IMG_5267IMG_5270IMG_5293

Ella watched from the sidelines…but daddy insisted he get her in the water. She lasted a whole 2 minutes (or less). She wasn’t a fan.

IMG_5311IMG_5315IMG_5318IMG_5320
It was a challenge for Daddy to hold Ella and keep an eye on Owen…who was jumping off the steps trying to drown himself! lol

But we had some pizza for dinner…relaxed for a bit and headed home. Totally a low-key Father’s Day.
IMG_5659IMG_5663
My dad HAD to have been in a good mood…he even let me take a “selfie” of us (don’t mind Ella’s face…haha). He HATES pictures…but seemed to be ok with me taking one on the day! I truly love my father…look up to him in more ways than I could count BUT also get frustrated with him in more ways than I can count too! haha 
He IS the strongest person I know…with Mom being the 2nd strongest person!! He has had to watch so much heartache in his life…from childhood into his adult life. Death, Sickness and tragedy. And he is ALWAYS the rock…sometimes a bit TOO much of a rock, often overlooking his own feelings to “help” the feelings of his girls (mom and I). He pretends to not have feelings…and he has always said it was because if a cop had feelings it would get himself killed…soft cops get hurt!! He cherishes his career in law enforcement and is VERY close to living his dream life in retirement with Mom. He isn’t the huggy lovey type…but that’s ok…he loves us and I absolutely melt when I see him with my kids.

A few days later we headed to see Papa.  We spent the day there…swam, played, ate and again just relaxed enjoying being together!

IMG_5367IMG_5383IMG_5389

Why I didn’t get pictures of Yosh and his dad…I don’t know. But Al, my father-in-law, is so special to me. He has ALWAYS treated me like a daughter. I know he HAS a daughter (Hi Missy!) but has always made me feel a part of the family! He always sends cards or whatever the occasion and is So thoughtful and genuine! Missy and the fam life far away in New York…and Al misses them SO SO SO much! They come visit 1-2 times a year and every time they are here Al always tries talking them into staying to live again! Maybe someday! Al is probably THE most inspirational person to Yosh…he looks up to him, strives to be like him and wants nothing more than to make his dad proud! He’s a great role model in all aspects of his life! I love that Yosh idolizes his dad…just like how Owen idolizes his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment